POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Import howto? : RE: Import howto? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Import howto?
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 23 Sep 2002 16:50:05
Message: <3d8f7e7d@news.povray.org>

3d8f61b4$1@news.povray.org...
> Hi,
>
> up to now I use Moray 3.3.
> How can I import *.obj into Moray?
>
> I know there is 3DWin, but I cant't figure out how to handle it with
Moray.

> Could someone explain this for a dummy?

I use Poseray (freeware) http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/
It takes an .obj file and exports it to mesh or mesh2 creating
a .pov, .inc and mat-inc.files and an UDO object if you wish.
Then you only have to open the udo in Moray.
If you want to change the texture open the xxxx-mat.inc
file in pov and edit the texture declaration.

Other things poseray does:

If your .obj file has UV coordinates, they are saved when the
.obj is exported to pov.
(If your .obj file hasn't UV coordinates, and you want them,
get UVMapper at  http://www.uvmapper.com
and create them before using Poseray).
You can deform the .obj geometry using a displacement map.
You have a complete preview of your object and its textures
using OpenGL.

Hope this helps

Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] txemijendrixcom